Thursday 14 June 2012

Storyboard is out of the way "Phewww"

Thank the heavens, the storyboard is done. This is always my least favourite part of working on a project, I love drawing but I hate deciding on shots and things!

I was going to put a little snippet of the storyboard here but it will spoil the animation, so far the whole plot has remained a secret just like I had originally planned, it's going to stay that way until this bad boy is done. All I can say is that it is different.... Very different in terms of style, I kind of stepped outside of my comfort zone to work on this one but it will be worth it in the end.

Next job is to finish off the script, that shouldn't take long since I already have pieces of dialogue noted down at the side of the storyboard to go along with each shot. I just also managed to gather a large amount of cardboard to build the set out of, it's only going to be two or three walls with windows but it should look good along with some better lighting I have planned.

This was a boring blog post, so next blog post I might actually have some form of animation because I think I'm going to make a test puppet using the same kind of armature so I can see how much tension it can take before it breaks. If it turns out that the wire is too brittle, then I'll be sizing the characters up so I can use my strong wire, if I use the strong stuff in a small puppet, it's not going to work out too well that's why I used soldering wire for them. They should be okay though because they wont be doing much in terms of action, just moving arms and torso around. The test puppet will also be used to try out my chosen shots just so I don't end up ruining the actual puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment